All too often business and property owners become negligent in maintaining their property. What many individuals may not know is that premises liability cases can be difficult to prove. The burden of proof is on the victim, not the property owner. If you or someone you know has been injured due to a slip, trip, or fall, you need to act immediately. Contact our experienced personal injury attorney today.
Insurance companies will not want to pay on your claim and will try to get you to settle for the least amount of money possible. The cost of your injuries could be high; you could experience lost income and high medical bills. We will gather all the evidence necessary to prove your case.
How Slip and Fall Accidents Happen
Businesses and property owners are responsible for taking reasonable care in ensuring that individuals are not exposed to hazardous or potentially hazardous environments on their property. Some common causes of slip and fall accidents include the following:
- Slippery or wet floors or pavement
- Pavement in poor condition with holes, bumps, or cracks
- Broken or poorly built stairs
- Poor interior or exterior lighting
These accidents can happen anywhere, but some of the more common locations for slip and falls caused by owner or operator negligence include:
- Gas stations
- Department or retail stores
- Supermarkets and grocery stores
- Government-owned buildings, parks or other recreational facilities
- Theme parks or attractions
- Residential homes
- Construction zones
What to Do If You Are the Victim of a Slip and Fall Accident
We recommend that you take the following steps as soon as possible:
- Take photos of the place of injury as well as your injuries.
- Get medical attention right away.
- Do not speak with any insurance adjuster until you have spoken with our offices.
- Get names and contact details for any witnesses.
- If possible, file an accident report at the place of business.
- Document what happened and how it happened as soon as possible, while all the details are still fresh in your memory.
- When applicable, save any evidence you can.
It is best to collect this information as soon as possible, before a scene can be cleaned up or repaired. The more information that can be presented to support your case, the better.
Contact a Palm Beach Slip, Trip, and Fall Attorney Immediately
The Law Offices of Matthew Konecky, PA are conveniently located in Broward and Palm Beach counties. We handle slip and fall cases throughout South Florida. Contact us today for a review of your case. We can determine if you have a legitimate case and begin working with the insurance company to help you obtain a maximum settlement for your injuries.