Injured Back from Car Accident Law Offices of Matthew Konecky Personal Injury Lawyer Palm Beach

A very common concern of accident victims is how they are going to pay their medical bills until they receive their settlement compensation. In most cases, you will not receive your financial compensation until the case is fully processed which can take months up to a year. Most injuries need immediate medical attention and cannot wait to be treated.

Personal Injury Protection (PIP) 

In Florida, personal injury protection (PIP) allows automobile accident victims to have 80% of each medical bill paid for up to $10,000. Initially, your own automobile insurance company should pay for a majority of your medical bills. If you're visiting from a state that is not Florida, you may not have this benefit as it varies state to state. Some drivers also drive uninsured where there is no PIP available to pay your bills. 

Health Insurance 

Secondary to your PIP, your own health insurance can help cover the expenses of your accident injuries. Your health insurance company should pay each medical bill as your contracted rate. If you don't have health insurance and are pursuing a personal injury case, some doctors may take a letter of protection which grants a right to put a lien on your civil case/claim by the doctor. This forms an agreement for the doctor not to bill you until the claim is settled. If this is the case, you'll have to pay the doctors out of the settlement before you are paid out of the additional compensation. Your health insurance also maintains a lien if they pay anything on your behalf whereas PIP insurance cannot. 

Car Insurance

Depending on your coverage, you may have an insurance policy that covers medical expenses from an automobile accident. You may find them under: 

  • Medical payments coverage
  • Uninsured motorist coverage
  • Underinsured motorist coverage

Workers Compensation

If you were in an automobile-related accident on the job, workers compensation may pay for treatment bills upfront.

Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer

The best way to maximize compensation and be protected after a car accident is to hire an experienced personal injury lawyer. The Law Offices of Matthew Konecky will fight on your behalf while you recover from an injury. Call our office today at (561) 671-5995 to find out if we can help you. You can also download my book 'What The Heck is My Personal Injury Case Worth?' which is availible for free download. 

Post A Comment